Terms of Participation
Thank you for volunteering with Harvest Pierce County, your time and effort make our communities a better place to live! Please read the following volunteer agreement carefully.
- The goal of the Harvest Pierce County is to reduce hunger, food waste, and build community. I will conduct myself in a manner consistent with that goal while attending Harvest Pierce County sponsored events.
- When I sign up for events, I will check off the boxes indicating that I have read and agree to the terms of the Term of Participation and Waiver of Liability. Once I arrive at the harvest event, I will complete a Volunteer Agreement and Liability Waiver before I begin volunteering.
- I will be punctual in arriving at Harvest Pierce County Events.
- I will not bring firearms, fireworks, illegal drugs, or alcohol to Harvest Pierce County Events
- I understand that Harvest Pierce County Gleaning events are conducted on private property that the owner has granted Harvest Pierce County permission to enter and harvest. I will conduct myself in a manner that is respectful of the owner’s property at all times.
- I will be respectful of other participants, staff, and landowners at Harvest Pierce County events.
- I will listen to, and follow the rules of, the orientation about the harvest given by staff or the harvest leader.
- I will follow all directions given to me by the staff, harvest leader, or designated assistants.
- I will not sell any portion of produce received at a Harvest Pierce County Event.
- I understand that Harvest Pierce County reserves the right to deny me entry or require me to leave and event, or remove me from the registration list if I do not follow these Terms of Participation.